Visit the Village of Puhoi and the Wenderholm Regional Park
Cruise the Mahurangi River and Eat all the Oysters you Want!
Bohemian Village & Oyster Farm Private Tour
Discover the historic bohemian village of Puhoi, originally settled in 1863 by immigrants from Bohemia, an area which is now called the Czech Republic. Puhoi tells the story of early settlers coming to New Zealand 150 years ago to start up a new life.
Wenderholm is one of the most beautiful regional parks in the area. Relax on the beach & enjoy a pre-packed Picnic Lunch.
Cruise the Famous Mahurangi Harbour. Learn about the rich history on the way to the Oyster farms where the popular Pacific Oyster species are grown. We teach and show you the way these salty bivalves are caught, grown and ultimately eaten!
Relax and enjoy the beautiful views of the harbor while you practice how to “shuck”.
Conclude your special day with a handcrafted Hokey Pokey Ice Cream created by the famous Italian couple Giapo & Anna. New Zealand’s Best Ice Cream makers!
* Tour is weather dependent for cruise and oyster availability.
* Please advise any dietary requirements you may have at the time of booking.
- Pick up & Drop Off at Hotel or Airport.
- Complimentary Snacks & Water.
- Sightseeing Puhoi Village, River & Museum.
- Wenderholm Regional Park.
- Picnic Lunch.
- The historic Couldrey House and Gardens (Victorian-Edwardian family home).
- 2hr Oyster Farm Tour (including all you can eat Oysters).
- Hokey Pokey Ice Cream at Giapo.
Tour Duration: 8 Hrs