Murewai Beach & Gannet Colony Eco Private Tour
West Coast Black Sand Beaches and Auckland Highlights in One Day!
Muriwai Beach & Gannet Colony Eco Private Tour
Explore the diverse nature of Auckland’s beaches on this tour and see for yourself how the West coast is different from the East coast in Auckland.
Muriwai Beach is one of the most famous black sand beaches in NZ known for surfing and home to the beautiful seabirds “Gannets”.
With different lookouts surrounding the area, you will have a close encounter with the gannets at Muriwai Gannet Colony and on Motutara Island (Gannets season is from Aug until March every year).
Relax at the beach, enjoy a pre-packed Picnic Lunch & even go for a swim if you wish.
We will then head to the beautiful Tamaki Drive along the eastern coast of Auckland City all the way up to Bastion Point, known as Michael Savage Memorial, discovering some of the City’s highlights including Achilles Point.
Before heading back we will visit The Historical Victorian Style Domain Winter Gardens, which are a complex of gardens located within the Auckland Domain.
* Please advise any dietary requirements you may have at the time of booking.
- Pick up & Drop Off at Hotel .or Airport.
- Complimentary Snacks & water.
- Muriwai Beach & the Gannet Colony.
- Picnic Lunch.
- Bastion Point (MJ Savage Memorial).
- Drive through Mission Bay Suburb.
- Achilles Point.
- Winter Gardens (Auckland Domain)Tour Duration: 6 Hrs